
Happy Birthday Kallie. Today Kallie turn 9 years old. I can't believe that she is already that old. When 5 pm came around I was telling her minute by minute her birth story, I can remember it clear as day. We were scheduled to go in to surgery at 1pm but we got bump to 5pm. When 5 finally rolled around, I was so ready to have her out in my arms and I was ready to eat something because they had you fasting since midnight. At 5 they rolled my in to the surgery room. I laid strapped to the bed with my arms straight out. The room was cold, I was waiting for Kyle to come in the room, when he finally did I didn't know that it was him until he spoke to me and sat by my head telling me to breathe ( that is what he was taught in our birthing class) . He sat by my head the whole time that they were getting Kallie out. When the doctors finally got her out they said "It's a girl !" Both Kyle and I asked each other what they said and so they repeated "It's a girl!" We were both beaming and so happy. They wrapped Kallie in a blanket and handed her to Kyle. He held her so I could see her, I could touch her because my arms were strapped down. Kallie was so beautiful and perfect. Kyle was torn when he had to choose to stay with me our go with Kallie as she got checked out and cleaned. I made him go with her. I have the cutest picture of Kyle sitting and watching Kallie as she laid under the warmer. I couldn't wait to hold her, but I had to wait two hours after she was born.
Kallie has been such a blessing in our family. I am so grateful for her. She is turning into a beautiful young women. She does great in school, loves to read, draw pictures, and do math. Today she was asked what her favorite class in school was and she said Library. She is always wanting to write a story and has one ready to go. She wants to learn to sew now, so she has bought the fabric to make some pajama pants for herself. She is also a great big help around the house, and with her brothers and sisters.
Kallie I love you so much and I would not trade you for anything. You remind me so much of me, I love being your mom. You make me so happy. Happy Birthday Kallie!
No comments:
Post a Comment