Do you ever have a Hard time getting your kids to sit still for General Conference and listen to the speakers? I do. I have tried everything from the conferences packets that you can print off from sugardoodle, coloring book and finally just giving up so I could just listen. On one of the blogs I stalk she had this idea, and I thought I would give it a try. And it worked like a charm.
Here is her example of hers. I grab four containers I had around the house and then wrote four words on paper and put it in front of the bowls. Instead of letting them take one each time they heard the words, (they got to excited so they weren't reverent and listening.) I gave each one a notebook that had the words written on it and so when they heard the word they would mark a tally under it. Then after conference was over they would get candy for tally. We changed the words each day, I picked the words the first day and then they came up with the words we were going to listen for on Sunday.
They all got into at first, younger two didn't last that long but Jaron and Kallie stuck around and listen to conference, more then before. We watched General Conference on the internet, and it would cut in and out but we loved being able to watch what we could.
2 comments:
That's a cool idea! Kind of like a drinking game for conference. Ha ha!! It sounds like the kids really liked it too.
LOVE it! I will have to give this a try. We have tried it all and nothing seems to work. This year I missed my regular conference bingo and the word search I did was missing half the words! The kids were still noisy but I managed to hear quite a bit and didn't fall asleep once!
Post a Comment