Friday, January 6, 2012

First Time Plane Riders...

...That they can remember. Each of the kids have flown on a plane when they were under the age of two and free. But today this was the first time that they could remember and they were so excited. I had Jaron and Kallie in the row in front of me, luckily no one brought the seat between them. That made it really nice for them. Karlee, Kelsie and I were on the row behind them. Each of us had a backpack filled with things to do. The plane ride with the kids went well half way through the plane ride one of the flight attendants told me that my kids were very well behave, that was nice to hear. Kallie and Jaron with the stuff in there back packs were kept busy. In my row; Kelsie sat by the window, then me , then Karlee next to the aisle. They looked so small in the seat maybe I should of brought their car seats on the plane, but I think they had fun sitting in such a big seat. Half way through the flight they switched seats which is good because Karlee had gotten stir crazy and was all over her seat. The things in their backpack did keep them busy, but they had a shorter attention span then Kallie and Jaron. In the middle of the flight we all got to try out the bathroom on the plane, Jaron twice. The descent on the plane was horrible on our ears, very painful -Kelsie was in tears but we did get all back to normal. I waited to be one of the last group of people off the plane.  We gather our stuff and the kids all wanted to put their blue hats back on. And I told them to say Thank you and Merry Christmas to the flight crew as we walked past and the flight crew got a kick out of their outfits. The kids were amazed that the stroller was there as we got off the plane :0).We headed to the baggage claim to get our bags and Kyle met us there. The hotel where we were staying the night at, had a shuttle to the airport and back. That was so nice. We got into the room, and order a pizza to be deliver to the room. The kids had not eaten since lunch and the snacks we had on the plane. We ate pizza at 10:30 (11:30 Oregon time) and then got in bed and watched The Christmas Story till we all fell asleep.
Kelsie drawing a picture of the plane we were flying in. With her Alaskan moose that Kyle had given at Thanksgiving.
Kallie doing her puzzle book. The air got drier as we flew closer to Alaska, either our hair was flying about or stuck to our heads.
Karlee wiggling about her seat. 
 I pulled out candy and that made her sit still for a little bit.
I am glad that the arm rest went up and make it like one big bench.
My best friend put together this awesome care package of things for the kids to do on the plane. And she had stuck pipe cleaners in there. I thought what a terrific idea. At  the very end of the plane ride, we had gone through all the activities in our bags and then I remembered the pipe cleaners and that kept the kids busy until till the end creating things. Thank you so much Heidi.
Here is a shot of the kids walking to the baggage claim.
Karlee reminds me of a turtle with her back pack as big as her, all grown up yet so small.
So grateful for the safe and calm flight.

No comments: