Monday, April 16, 2012

Mini Vacation - Day Three

For our final day in Anchorage we wanted to hit all the stores that we do have in our town (which is everything). But we before we started off our day, we enjoyed another breakfast at the hotel just not as early as yesterday. We watch some General Conference on the internet and watch our Redbox that we had rented "Tin Tin", before we had to check out.
 Then headed over to the stores. We made a long stop in Old Navy and Karlee found some other people to hang out with. Grab a treat.
 Then headed to some other stores I wanted to check and then to Costco, where we stocked up on food. There are places where we live that sell Costco items but they mark them up and extra three dollars and the you have tax on top of that. But in Anchorage you don't have tax-like Oregon :0). We enjoyed Costco dogs for dinner, the kids were excited for the pop that came with the meal.
While at Costco Kyle saw this book Heaven Is Here by Stephanie Nielson, and said I should get to read, I had thought about it at one time that maybe I would check it out and read it. But changed my mind because I already read her blog and had heard her story in many ways. After I looked at it, I decided why not, I needed a good book to read. So I bought it.
On the way home I read it and then had to put it a side to help the kids. But within the next two days I had it read. It was different then what I thought it would be and now I recommend it everyone to read. It will touch you. I loved the book. I am so glad that Kyle talked me into getting it.
After Costco we were on our drive home, but made a quick stop to have a look at the Anchorage LDS Temple. It is one of the smaller temples (even smaller then Medford's) but it was still cool to see. We had a fun family trip together and enjoyed our little getaway.

No comments: